© 2014 -
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ)
How do I change or cancel my reservation?
It's very easy to change the details of your reservation. You will find an amendment request form on our website in the tab “Manage Booking”. Once you have sent your request it may take up to 48 hours to be processed. The amount of time is dependent on the nature of your request. Under certain circumstance we may need to get in touch with you regarding the nature of your amendment, so please remember to include a valid email address or phone number where you can easily be reached on the form.
There are instances where the changes you wish to make will incur additional charges. In the event that you need to change the date we may be in a position where we cannot offer the same price as originally quoted. For more information please feel free to contact us via phone.
How much will I be charged for excess?
If no damage has been done to the vehicle the excess is typically released 10-
Can I make a reservation without using my credit card?
The reservation may be made using a debit card in place of a credit card. A valid credit card in the driver's name will still need to be presented at the time of pick-
Will there be any additional charges?
Car rental agents will have their own policy on additional charges which will be clearly stated in the Rental Conditions at the time of booking. Expect to see additional charges for circumstances such as:
• Crossing an international border
• A one-
• Drivers under the age of 21 or over the age of 60
• Winter tires
You will be expected to pay any additional charges directly at the rental desk at drop-
What fuel charges do I pay?
The car rental agent will make the determination for the manner in which you will pay for fuel. In most cases this is dependent on the length of the rental period. There are different types of fuel policies that may be enacted, but we will clearly state which one applies to you at the time of booking.
The most common fuel policies are:
• Pick up full, return empty: This fuel policy type is typically applied to rentals of a minimum of 4 days. Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel at pick-
• Pick up full, return full: This fuel policy type is only available for vehicle rentals of 1 to 3 days. Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel and you will be expected to return it full. Depending on the agent you may be required to leave a fuel deposit reserved on your credit card that will be released when you return the car full. You will be charged for any missing fuel. The price per gallon charged by the rental company may be significantly higher than what is charged at the service station. Unless otherwise noted, fuel charges may be paid at the rental desk.
It is recommended that you check the policy details regarding fuel charges during the booking process under Rental Conditions and ask the agent any questions you may have to avoid unexpected charges.
Where is the car rental agent located?
The exact location of the car rental agent will be printed on the reservation document you received at the time it was confirmed. If your pick-
What paperwork should I have prepared at pick-
The rental confirmation that we sent you when you made your reservation contains a list of the documentation you will need to provide at pick-
• A major credit card issued in the name of the driver. Acceptable credit cards include MasterCard, Visa, and in some cases American Express. Debit cards without a major credit card logo cannot be accepted.
• Driver’s license issued to the driver of the car and in use for a mínimum of one year. There can be no major endorsements on the card.
• The reservation confirmation that was sent to you at the time that the vehicle was booked. You should have received this within 48 hours after placing the reservation and must print a copy to present to the agent.
• Check the terms and conditions stated by your specific agent for any other necessary forms of identification or documentation that they require.
You will find full details of the necessary documents printed inside of your rental voucher.
When do I pay for the rental vehicle?
You will find different options for payment stated during the booking process. These include:
• Reserve now, pay later: Secure your reservation with a small deposit at the time you secure the rental and pay the balance as your pick-
• Pay now: Pay the balance in full at the time you make your reservation.
What Documentation should I have when arriving at the rental desk?
When you make your reservation you will receive a confirmation voucher. You will find all of the necessary documentation listed here. In order to release the rental car to you, the agent will likely ask for:
• A valid credit card issued in the driver’s name. MasterCard, Visa and in some instances American Express are accepted.
• A valid driver’s license that was issued at least twelve months prior to the time of rental. A license that has major endorsements will not be accepted. Other conditions may apply which will be included in the rental agreement.
• Within 48 hours after making your reservation, you will be sent a booking voucher. You will need a printed out copy of this voucher when arriving at the rental desk.
• Check the booking voucher for any other identification requirements requested from the agent.
Do I need an international driver’s license?
If your driver’s license is not printed using the Roman alphabet – this includes Russian, Arabic and Chinese -
Can I use a photo copy of my driver’s license?
Only a valid and original driver’s license will be accepted by the rental agent. This will also be needed at the time of pick-
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
If the reservation is cancelled within 48 hours we can offer a full refund on any deposit or payment you made. If the reservation is cancelled after 48 hours but before the scheduled pick-
It is your responsibility to cancel any extra insurance you may have purchased at the time that you reserved the rental.
Do I get the same car model displayed when making the reservation?
We display images of cars during the reservation process only as a guide for you. We cannot guarantee that the car shown as an example will be available at your rental agency. Since it is being used as a guide however, you are entitled to a vehicle in the same category that can hold the same amount of passengers and luggage. In the event that the car rental agent does not provide you with a car meeting those specifications, you are entitled to a refund. Contact us if you need more information or need to request a refund.
When will I be expected to pay for optional extras?
These will be charged to you at the rental desk and payable in the local currency.
Will I be responsible to pay for fuel?
The amount of time you are renting the vehicle and the policy of the rental agent will determine how fuel is accounted for. There are different policies related to fuel payments and the one that applies to you will be outlined in your booking voucher. The common ways in which fuel is charged are:
• Pick up full, return empty: The car is given to you by the agent with a full tank of fuel. You are charged for this fuel usually at a rate that is significantly higher than what you will find at a service station. You may return the rental on an empty tank of fuel, but will also not be compensated for any fuel left in the tank. This type of fuel policy is typically used for car rental agreements that go 4 days or beyond.
Before leaving with your car, make sure that you have a clear understanding of how the fuel charges work to avoid having to pay any unexpected charges. These policies can be found during the reservation process under Rental Conditions.
What is covered by the car rental insurance?
The insurance that accompanies your car rental includes:
• Car hire excess
• Damage to the windows, tires, undercarriage, and roof
• The loss or theft of the rental car’s keys
• Any personal possessions lost or damaged inside of the rental car.
The exact costs and coverage is available in the Excess Reimbursement Terms and Conditions given to you when you make your reservation.
Whether you purchase additional insurance or not, the car rental agent will put a hold of the excess amount on your credit card as a deposit. So long as you return the vehicle undamaged and with the right amount of fuel, the hold on your card will be released immediately. In a case where the car has been damaged during the rental, that deposit will be held by the agent in order to cover the cost. If you purchased excess insurance, you will be reimbursed for that amount.
At the time of pick-
What costs are covered in the price of the rental?
The rental price includes:
• Most of the time Collision Damage Waiver
• Third Party Liability Protection
• Airport Fee (if applicable)
• Unlimited Mileage
• Breakdown Assistance.
The costs are going to vary depending on the car rental agent and the destination country. You may also be asked for a deposit at the rental desk. These should be included in the Rental Conditions you received at the time of booking.
Will I be charged to drop the rental off at a different location?
Yes. The car rental agent is entitled to charge an extra fee if you return the car to a different location. Your rental voucher will clearly state whether the one-
Are there extra charges for late pick up or drop off?
If you wish to pick-
Are there different charges for mileage?
Mileage charges will be explained in full in Rental Conditions at the time you make your reservation. Some rental agents will charge extra for mileage. This will be explained to you when you pick up your rental car.